Oak Grove Baptist Church got its start in July 1938 when God called a man named Grady Hall to the ministry. Grady and others started in a small tent set up for a revival meeting. From that revival meeting the church was organized. The church first met in a small store made available to them for a small amount of rent each month. But due to the prayers of God’s people and the blessings of God, the store was soon too small for the growing congregation. Construction was then started on the new building, and on July 15, 1940 Oak Grove Baptist Church celebrated their first Homecoming.
During the last 80+ years Oak Grove Baptist Church has continued to grow and God is still pouring out His blessings on us. We at Oak Grove believe in the power of prayer and what God can do when He is left in charge.
From 1938 to the present day Oak Grove has always been a church where the will of God is sought and the Word of God is taught.